Installing the Patches
This is a guide on how to patch a non-Steam edition of World at War to v1.7. This must be completed BEFORE installing Modtools or attempting to play custom maps.
Install each patch in the order that they are listed below, one at a time. Ensure to only install v1.4.1-DEU if you have a german copy of CoD WaW.
If you encounter any problems during the installation of any patch, feel free to ask for help in our Help Section of the forum.
- Free Multiplayer Map! The tide is out and the sun is high – this daytime version of Makin sheds new light on the battle!
- Fixed exploits that allowed for power ranking servers.
- Fixed router related server authentication errors.
- Fixed HTTP Redirect functionality for downloading mods
- Fixed sound device crashes stemming from Emulated Sound Devices
- Fixed exploit which allowed players to color their name tag.
- Hits now register properly while targeted player is leaning.
- Enabled /cg_drawfps in multiplayer games.
- Fixed command-line +connect functionality
- /cg_fov no longer resets to the default value in between matches.
- Dedicated servers automatically reconnect to the Master Server in case the Master Server resets.
- “Accept Game Invite” is bound to its default key, F10.
- Implemented fix for attempting to join password protected servers from the server browser.
- Fine tuned Bolt-Action Rifles for balance.
- Screenshots no longer overwrite each other.
- Fixed various multiplayer map related issues and exploits.
No changes to report.
- 3 new Multiplayer maps: Kneedeep, Nightfire, Station!
- Nazi Zombies map with more weapons, Perks-a-Cola machines, and electroshock defenses: Verrückt!
- Improved spawning logic.
- Auto balancing improvements. Players are no longer auto balanced while completing objectives.
- Mods: IWD’s can be placed in the usermaps folder.
- Mods: Hold Breath / Sprint functions as intended.
- Mods: MissingAssets.csv is generated when maps are run with developer set to 1.
- Fixed lag caused by shooting at tanks.
- All rifle grenades fired during the first 15 seconds of Search & Destroy will be duds.
- Players who equip a Bouncing Betty and melee teammates in Hardcore game modes are now credited with a team kill penalty.
- Players are now deducted 200 points for team killing the bomb planter/defuser in Hardcore Search & Destroy.
- Martyrdom no longer causes direct impact deaths in Hardcore modes.
- “Bayonet jumping” has been disabled.
The patch below (v1.4.1-DEU) is only ment for players with a german installation of the game. You do not have to install v1.4.1-DEU if you are from outside Germany. Continue with V1.5!
No changes to report.
- 3 new MP maps: Banzai, Corrosion, Sup Pens!
- 1 new Zombie map with a new weapon (the Wunderwaffe DG-2), flaming Hell Hounds, new traps, and more: Shi No Numa!
- CO-OP hosts can now kick players from their lobby
- Improved dog spawning in MP
- Addressed an issue with Zombie pathing
- Fixed an instance of the player model displaying incorrectly
- Some unhandled exception errors have been addressed
- Improved server browser’s refresh functionality when the Source is set to ‘Favorites’
- Added support for CODTV
- “cg_DrawFPS 1” now only displays FPS and cg ms/frame
- Added RCon command “teamstatus” to display players’ team information
- Mods: Added joinsquad script function
- Mods: Players can now join CO-OP lobbies that are hosting map names with more than eighteen characters
- Mods: Users can now load custom maps when the usermaps folder contains fifty or more custom maps
- Mods: Removed the loading of duplicate assets that contributed to the ‘2048 materials’ error
- Mods: Increased the amount of mods displayable in the Mods menu
- Mods: Fixed a crash related to the mod.arena file
- 3 new Multiplayer maps: Battery (mp_drum), Breach (mp_bgate), Revolution (mp_vodka)!
- New Nazi Zombie map: Der Riese (nazi_zombie_factory), an all-new Zombie map set in a secret Nazi research facility featuring the Pack A Punch Machine, Teleporters, and many more undead hordes!
- Exploits pertaining to Demo playback.
- Favorites list now ignores filter settings.
- Fixed S&D round counting error when round limit is reached.
- New feature: in-game Add to Favorites.
- Friends list: green online indicator.
- Starting the game in Safe Mode will no longer toggle the “Soften Smoke Edges” graphic option.
- Fixed various crashes.
- Mods: Client will no longer join a modded Co-op server via Game Invite unless they have that mod loaded.
- Mods: Client running a mod will be asked to unload the mod if they attempt to join an unmodded server.
- Mods: All single player levels can now be run with a mod loaded.
- Fixed an MP server crash exploit
- Fixed a voice chat crash on systems with no default recording device selected
- Fixed an issue causing erroneous duplicate qport errors
- Server admins can disable team switching by setting g_allow_teamchange to “0”. Players will be restricted to Auto-Assign in team-based gametypes
What is a checksum?
A checksum is a sort of 'fingerprint' used to verify the integrity of a file after it has been downloaded. To ensure that the file you've downloaded is identical to the one on our server you can compare our checksum hashes with ones you calculate on your own using one of the hash functions we've listed.
How to validate the exe?
Download a tool such as HashCheck if you want a hashing tool which is integrated into windows explorer for easy access to verify checksums. With HashCheck installed right click the downloaded file, go to properties, and navigate to the Checksums tab. Once there you can compare the hashes to the ones provided on this page to ensure you have the same file provided on our website. If the hashes are different DO NOT RUN THE FILE. You may attempt to retry the download and verify again but executing the file could have unwanted effects such as an improper installation or even malicious code executing on your machine.