Last minor release before going live! Added emoji support almost everywhere. We also added new emotes and exclusive emotes (donors only) to our reworked emote picker.
Important highlights from this release
- Added emoji support
- You can start typing : for autocompletion
- Optimized autocomplete to handle large suggestion lists
- Native written emojis will be converted properly into the colon format / into an image so everyone can see them properly
- Emoji style can be changed in your Forum Settings under Look & Layout.
- Improved emote picker and added exclusive emotes to certain groups, especially for donors
- Added new emotes and categories
- Added newsletter subscriptions settings to the UGX-Mods profile
- manage your subscriptions and review settings within your UGX-Mods profile
- General Improvements
- Updated external libraries to their latest stable version (mostly bug fixes and performance improvements).
- Removed code of the originally planned usermenu and UGX Chat v2 from 2013 (topic: https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=1315)
- The privacy / GDPR tools have been improved and extended (more data to export from core systems and plugins)
- some external plugins won't store personal data after deletion anymore
- Many tiny improvements to enhance the quality of the forum
- We further refined our privacy documents and will make them public once we move to production
- Added Sentry (https://sentry.io) to monitor errors in the front- & backend. This will improve quality over time and let us react even faster to issues.
- Newsletter system (powered by phplist) has been implemented and customized to fit our new blue design.
- Connected phplist with the UGX-Mods forum to sync information between both instances.
- Fixed errors found in error log
- Fixed lots of tiny bugs and style issues
All tickets for this release
Click here to expand...
(Not all changes are listed here, always check the highlights above)
- Supported Browsers / Devices
- Currently only Firefox & Chrome has been heavily test.
- Internet Explorer 11 & Edge has been partially tested.
- There was no extensive testing on mobile devices yet
- We need your feedback if something isn't working on your device
- HTML Emails:
- WE NEED YOUR FEEDBACK IF SOMETHING IS COMPLETELY MESSED UP!
- there were many tests to ensure it works well for the majority of users
- Outlook has some quirks (odd spacing around the email) - Blame the developers of it for using the Word HTML rendering engine
We will listen to community feedback .
The next version will move the beta state on our live domain. All beta links will redirect to the correct live domain then.
To get a complete overview, visit https://beta.ugx-mods.com/roadmap .