This update fixes a couple of issues and introduces autosave for our texteditor (CkEditor).
Important highlights from this release
- CKEditor improvements
- Autosave for texteditor
- content will be saved every 10s to your browser localStorage
- content older than 24h will be deleted / ignored
- content will be stored per board + topic or pm action.
- that means you can technically store multiple posts, etc.
- auto saved content will be cleared on submit for this particular content
- A crash / error won't display the legacy texteditor now. Instead a warning box appears with information and you can manuelly trigger to launch the texteditor.
- In most cases, the editor content will be copied to the legacy texteditor - but it sometimes can't do that if it crashed completely.
Your content is then lost during the switch - but with the new autosave feature you could recover with a browser tab reload.
- Small improvements here and there
- Fix issues with odd url encoding which broke hybridauth (social login) and probably other parts as well.
- Fixed disallowed emotes check [hotfixed 03 Oct 2018]
- Fixed rare case cases where the social login buttons were not displayed [hotfixed 03 Oct 2018]
- Lots of reported sentry errors fixed.
- new (good looking) http error pages which you hopefully should never see
All tickets for this release
Click here to expand...
(Not all changes are listed here, always check the highlights above)
- Supported Browsers / Devices
- Currently only Firefox & Chrome has been heavily test.
- Internet Explorer 11 & Edge has been partially tested.
- There was no extensive testing on mobile devices yet
- We need your feedback if something isn't working on your device
- 5xx errors
- they are still but we might have a solution for this, which we deploy and then monitor for a bit
We will listen to community feedback as usual .
The focus is now on stability and maintenance for a while. We look into performance and try to get rid of the 5xx errors (issues have been identified).
The last update for this year will introduce a new feature and some improvements to the mobile / responsive view on the forum.
More time imto the UGX Launcher and UGXPLAY will be put and hopefully some new announcement about it will be made in the upcoming weeks.
To get a complete overview of our development plans, visit https://www.ugx-mods.com/roadmap