First major update this year. We hope you all had a splendid start into 2019.
Introducing better mobile view for the forum board & message index (+ a few tweaks here and there) and a couple of fixes.
Additionally Google+ Sign-In has been replaced with Google Sign-In because of the immediate Google+ shutdown.
Important highlights from this release
- Better mobile view for forum board & message index
- Improved a couple of widgets and elements to be more mobile friendly (including beta banner, button list, breadcrumbs)
- Added label to mobile toggle menus - they are now more obvious (and explain their functionality)
- Added avatar to mobile main navigation menu when logged in
- Account registration with Internet Explorer 11 should work again (but seriously, use another browser asap )
- We patched our software to PHP 7.3 and upgraded out servers as well. This will improve performance even more!
- Added Connections to profile quick list menu (top right in navigation)
- Fixed and improved compatibility with upcoming UGX Play
- Fixed invalid timezone with development version of Firefox (which would soon or later backfire on stable version)
- Fixed http error response code for some pages (legacy system - ugh!)
- Fixed reported bugs and errors
- Most noteworthy is that images on a forum post can be viewed in an interactive gallery again, instead of each individual in the browser tab on click
- Upgraded sentry to new unified php-sdk
- Upgraded all software dependencies to their latest versions
All tickets for this release
(Not all changes are listed here, always check the highlights above)
- Supported Browsers / Devices
- Currently only Firefox & Chrome has been heavily test.
- Internet Explorer 11 & Edge has been partially tested.
- There was no extensive testing on mobile devices yet
- We need your feedback if something isn't working on your device
We will listen to community feedback as usual . The focus is now on stability and maintenance for a while.
There will be one feature release before we take a break from forum development. We will introduce reactions on post soon. You'll be able to add emojis / emotes (reactions) to forum posts