This update brings you a brand new major feature, called UGX Reactions.
It is now possible to add emote / emojis on forum messages . Now you can add quick responses to messages like: .
Important highlights from this release
- Added UGX Reactions. You can view the documentation of it here: UGX Reactions (in short it works similar to other websites / apps)
- Added BrowserUpdate.org notifications for outdated / insecure browsers
- Improved registration step 5 (Optional Profile Information) and improved the error and labels for the Website URL and title.
- Replaced native scrollbars with nicer custome ones for reaction, emote and emoji picker
- First (of many) improvements for better page loading. (Many scripts will be loaded after page load now)
- More meaningful errors for users when they try to access a topic which does not exist anymore or is placed in Land of Spam.
- Improved service worker update and caching - you should have a better experience now (faster page loads) and a better update process.
- Improved CKEditor usability with quotes. Forum quotes are readonly now and it's easier to add a new line above or below a quote only text.
- Offline page (if there is no internet connection available) will show a reload button and tries to reload itself on connection again
- Changed visual style of login and register buttons of 3rd party providers
- Fixed over 20 reported errors (through automated reporting by sentry)
- Development Improvements
- Heavily improved deployment with automation script and also automated an dependency upgrade.
All tickets for this release
(Not all changes are listed here, always check the highlights above)
- Supported Browsers / Devices
- Currently only Firefox & Chrome has been heavily test.
- Internet Explorer 11 & Edge has been partially tested.
- There was no extensive testing on mobile devices yet
- We need your feedback if something isn't working on your device
We will listen to community feedback as usual . The focus is now on stability and maintenance for a while.
The next major release (9.x) will be all about performance and loading speed improvements. This will take some time.