Update to improve various parts of the forum, including text editor fixes.
First release in 2020, long overdue but better late then never
Important highlights from this release
- Removed twitter and facebook share count (was not working anymore and quite frankly unimportant)
- Various issues with CKEditor have been fixed
- Fix lightslider and lightgallery style
- Added missing froum group images (contest winners, etc.)
- Fixed a couple of PHP errors found through Sentry
- CKEditor crash notice is less annoying now (hopefully)
- Emoji's performance improved, instead of many tiny files one big chunk is loaded which will improve site load speed
- Autocomplete finds parts of a phrase now and not just at the beginning + is case insensitive (before: #play → no result | now: #play → #UGXPLAY)
- Small profile enhancements:
- Info about username rename process (good news: we plan to allow username rename soon or later )
- Link to edit account (on profile edit page)
- Direct link to change avatar on public profile page when user hovers on his avatar
- COPPA form can be retrieved for users who need it
- Better +1 Karma visualization
- Make dropdown and menus look nicer with an image instead of a character
- Development Improvements
- Improved service worker, one single bundle from now on
- Upgraded dependencies
- Reduced dependencies and improved dependency management
- Upgraded hybridauth to v3 (SDK for social / 3rd party login)
- Upgraded to latest SMF version
All tickets for this release
Click here to expand...
(Not all changes are listed here, always check the highlights above)
- Supported Browsers / Devices
- Currently only Firefox & Chrome has been heavily test.
- Internet Explorer 11 & Edge has been partially tested.
- There was no extensive testing on mobile devices yet
- We need your feedback if something isn't working on your device
We will listen to community feedback as usual . The focus is now on stability and maintenance for a while.
The next major release 9.x is all about new features and long overdue performance improvements. We do them 50/50 and once we hit 1.0, everything should be resolved
More time ion the UGX Launcher and UGXPLAY will be spent and hopefully some new announcement about it will be made soon.
To get a complete overview of our development plans, visit https://www.ugx-mods.com/roadmap
There are still some major features missing on our forum. We plan to add them this year