Finally a new update. This one took a long time, especially because of performance testing and fixing.
Better performance, new Avatar Editor and other great improvements + fixes.
You can now finally upload (or use an URL) and modify the image (crop & filters) before uploading it. Try it out now.
Important highlights from this release
- New Features
- Avatar Editor with Crop, Filters & stickers
- Better code highlight with line options, Scripting Syntax support and more options
- Added OpenSearch support. (You can now add the UGX-Mods Forum search to your browser search)
- Only show reply button on forum posts if not logged in
- Hide quote button if reply / quote is not possible and not authenticated
- Show reply as disabled if reply is not possible and authenticated
- If user can't post and receives fatal error, offer option to view the topic again (instead of Back button which fails if just logged in)
- Made quote button even less obvious and not as highlighted as before
- (Change) Remove "Sent topic" feature and replaced it with "Share topic"
- Some styling related changes for nicer visuals & better mobile experience
- Replaced legacy css grid framework with modern CSS
- Added emoji v15 (if available) and optimized image (smaller size (10%) -> faster loading)
- Nicer progress bars with options in forum posts
- Add toggle password visibility to password inputs
- Optimized image slider & gallery (updated version, smaller size, style tweaks, cleanup)
- Better forum message attachment style
- Improved Discord linking experience
- Performance improvements for faster page loads
- Fixed topic icons
- Fixed "very hot" topic badge (was wrongly labed as "hot" only)
- Fixed emoji picker categories (scrolling) and skin tones
- Fixed spoilers without a title issue
- Fix solved answer date to be correct
- Fix issues with linking social profiles (like Discord)
- Fixed errors which were found during testing
- Development Improvements
- (For moderators): unapproved posts are displayed next to the approved post count of an user and some more small improvements
- Better internal logging and tracing
- Updated and improved development pipeline and QA tooling
All tickets for this release
(Not all changes are listed here, always check the highlights above)
- Supported Browsers / Devices
- Currently only Firefox & Chrome has been heavily test.
- Edge has been partially tested
- There was no extensive testing on mobile devices yet
- We need your feedback if something isn't working on your device
Special thanks to our Community Members cpt_johnson1 & Gympie5 for reporting bugs.
Did you know...?
- A lot of time went into the Avatar Editor → Please give it a try and report issues, especially if you have issues on your mobile phone.
- Performance fixing and monitoring took a lot of time. Setup of logging, tracing and debugging and then going through step by step took an insane amount of work.
- Page loading times could be reduced from 3s to under 1s
First commit was September 22, 2021 (so roughly two years to this version!)
Code Changes (commit count / lines of code added / lines of code removed / total lines of code)
- ugx_smf (Forum)
We will share soon news about UGX-Mods and the future roadmap