If you would rather manually install UGX Mod Standalone v1.1.x (not recommended!), visit UGX Mod Standalone v1.1 Manual Installation Procedure
You are participating in a TESTING SESSION. Therefore you should be PREPARED TO ENCOUNTER PROBLEMS.
You are responsible for backing up your own files! UGX Mod Helper will back up your ui/ui_mp folders but that's it!
You should create a complete copy of your modtools folder to test with! Remember to specify the modtools directory you want to use from the Options menu of UGX Mod Helper!
If you would like to see exactly what the helper application will be extracting into your modtools directory, download the release package manually from UGX Mod Standalone v1.1 Manual Installation Procedure and look inside the zip file. It will be extracted to the root of your modtools folder after the helper backs up your ui/ui_mp folder. Remember that the UGX Modtools v1.0.7 will also be installed to your modtools directory.
- Download the latest release of the UGX Mod Helper application.
- Extract it to a location where you are comfortable leaving it. The UGX Mod Helper creates a "_resources" directory in the same directory that you place UGX Mod Helper.exe. If you move or delete this resources directory, the application will need to redownload the UGX Modtools Patch and UGX Mod Standalone release package.
- Once you open the UGX Mod Helper, you will currently only be able to use the "General Settings" area. More customization options will be supported soon.
- Go to Options -> Select Root Directory and ensure that the desired modtools installation is set. If not, change it and click OK.
- Enter your map folder name - you should use the same name as your map file if you have already created one. Otherwise this can be anything you want. We suggest using the ugxm_ prefix for all maps created with UGX Mod v1.1.x for community organization's sake, although this is up to you.
- Enter the display name for your map. This is the text that will be displayed in the lower left corner of the screen when you start the game.
- Specify your map source file. I suggest using the Custom Map option instead of the Setup Map, as the setup map is very bare. We will update it later.
- Press "Generate Map" to finish the process.
- If you do not already have the UGX Modtools Patch installed, it will be installed for you now.
- If you do not already have the UGX Mod Standalone v1.1.x release package installed, you will be asked if you want to install it now.
- Done! If your map was generated with errors, you can likely ignore this for now. This is just a logging bug that will be fixed in a later beta version of the UGX Mod Helper.
|I plan to add a feature that allows you to swap your modtools install between compiling UGX Mod and non-UGX Mod maps by the press of a button, but I don't want to waste time developing that until the rest of the application has been finalized.|
|Content by Label|
|cql||label = "installation" and type = "page" and space = "UGXMODS"|