You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.
Installing the UGX Launcher is extremely easy.
Please report issues
IF YOU RECEIVED A MESSAGE THAT SAYS THE AUTO INSTALLER CANNOT UPDATE UGX LAUNCHER:
The latest update to the UGX Launcher broke the auto-updater. You need to perform the update manually by following these steps:
- Download and start the UGX Installer as described below.
- Choose Uninstall UGX Launcher and hit next. ( Be sure that the UGX Launcher is not running while you do this!)
- (do not remove your settings)
- Now execute the UGX Installer again and install it as usual. (follow guide below)
We apologize for this inconvenience.
Simply download the latest version of the UGX Installer and run it.
Just follow the Install Wizard and if everything succeeds the UGX Launcher is properly installed and can be started.
Install instuctions step-by-step
Open the UGX Installer after you downloaded it.
Accept the Agreement by first scrolling down to the bottom of the document and then checking the accept checkbox.
(the shown agreement might be a different one and serves only as demonstration!)
Select your preferred install type.
If you choose "Custom installation" you get some more options before the installation process starts.
Pre Verify will validate if your PC can install the Information
Please ignore the questions, those are for later development and might be possible features.
If you don't have, as in the image above, a green online / success message
- Check your internet connection
- Check if www.ugx-mods,com can be opened
- If both points above work - it could be in maintenance mode ( no downloads allowed )
- Get help by asking a question:
Error rendering macro 'create-from-template'
Unknown Blueprint: Blueprint id: 50e7663d-0ea4-49cf-862c-33e978ce5657, module key: com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.confluence-questions:ask-a-question-blueprint, space: null
( only for custom ) Custom Installation path
( on this image you can see the parent error, mentioned above ( red warning text ) )
Select a directory, or use the default one, it should look like this then
( only for custom ) Confirm will show you what you selected
Now download it, time to buy Alexander 'Delta' Diller an coffee or beer ( naaah just kidding - NOT )
Final steps / installation is done
- Create Desktop Shortcut will create a shortcut on your .... desktop.
- Create Startmenu entry will create an entry in your startmenu
- Startup on System boot. will start the Information when windows is loaded and ready.
- Launch after Finish will execute the UGX Launcher once you hit Finish
Update / Repair / Change / Uninstall
After installation, if you execute the UGX Installer again, it should show you four possible options.
The Updater and Repair functions aren't properly implemented yet! Please do not use them
Change Install Options can change the settings which you select at the "Finish" screen of the UGX Installer
Additionally you can reset the Information settings to default there as well
Programs & Feautes
The UGX Installer will add an entry to the Programs & Features of Microsoft Word.
You can remove the Information from there as well ( not implemented yet! )
(German view - data / information may be invalid or missing)
Take a look at Known Issues and limitations
Also the UGX Installer QA page has some bugs mentioned!
- No labels