You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.
Since May 25th 2018 the EU's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is effective.
We restructured the content and added some more detailed information to better understand what we are doing with your (personal) data.
Please understand that we will probably refine this document over the coming days and weeks when more information arrives on the law and things we might overlooked.
Thanks for your understanding - this document is for YOU and we hope we can build some trust and ensure your rights are well respected.
What information do we collect or receive?
We collect information about you when you provide it to us, when you use our products and services and when other sources provide it to us:
Individuals submit to us data by using our products and services, usually by creating an UGX-Mods Account ("account") and UGX-Mods Profile ("profile") which belongs to their account.
This data includes:
- mandatory account data
- IP adress
- additional optional account data
- secret question & answer
- additional optional profile data
- display name
- full name
- social profile & messanger account or profile names (like from Twitter, Steam, etc.)
- website url & title
- forum signatur
This data is indefinitely stored but not longer then your account exists. On deletion / removal all account data will be removed, but it might be still stored in our backups.
Some of this data can be modified in your account or profile settings. Some of this data might require further verification before it will be replaced with the old data entry.
Web & Application Log Data
By visiting our products and sites we log like probably everyone else the request which usually contains the following information:
- IP address
- Date and time of the request
- Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Result of the request (content of the page)
- Access status / HTTP status code
- volume of data transmitted
- URL of the website from which the request came
- Browser, as well as its version and language
- Operating system and its interface
- Eventually cookie data and language preferences
- Unlikely but sometimes also browser configuration and plugins
We collect information about devices accessing our services and products, including:
- type of the device
- operating system
- device settings
- unique device identifiers
- crash and error log information
- language and datetime preferences
Depending on your settings we might collect more or less of the data.
We use this data for analyze and debugging to improve our products and services.
This data is indefinitely stored and will be removed once it is no longer needed or relevant.
We receive information from you and third-parties which enables us to approximate your location.
Some devices / applications require your consent first before we receive such information.
We might also assume this information based on your IP address.
Use of the Data
We only use your personal information to provide you services or to communicate with you about our products and services.
With respect to any data you may choose to upload to our products and services, we take the privacy and confidentiality of such data seriously.
If you choose to make data public, we recommend you redact any and all references to people and addresses, as we can't protect public data and we are not responsible for any violation of privacy law you may be liable for.
We use your information
- To provide, update, maintain and protect our products and services as well as UGX-Mods itself.
Including service errors, security or technical issues, analyze and monitor usage, trends and other activities or at an Authorized User’s request.
- As required by applicable law
- To communicate with you by responding to your requests, comments and questions. If you contact us, we may use your information to respond.
- To develop and provide new features. Based on analyzed data we can make better decision making and create better products and services for you.
- To send emails and other communications. We may contact you, by email or other means. For example, UGX-Mods may send you promotional emails relating to our products and services or other third-parties we feels you would be interested in, or communicate with you about your use of our products and services. We may also use technology to alert us via a confirmation email or tracking techniques by third-parties when you open an email from us. You can modify your email notification preferences by clicking the appropriate link included in the footer of email notifications. If you do not want to receive email from our products and services, please opt out of receiving emails at the bottom of any UGX-Mods emails or by editing your profile preferences.
- For proof of donations (billing). We keep track of PayPal donations.
- Prevent abuse of our products and services.
We may use your information for any business purpose if the data is aggregated or de-identified so it is no longer reasonably associated with an identified or identifiable natural person.
Our products and services are operated from the United States, Europe and Canada. By using our products and services, you agree to any processing of any personal information you provide us according to this policy.
Where is your data processed
Our servers are located in Canada and Europe but our third-parties might process your data in other countries like in the United States.
We signed contracts with third-parties to ensure they obligate to laws and respect your data.
Sharing of Data
Usually only aggregated or anonymized data is transmitted to third-parties to help us improve the UGX-Mods products and services.
We have listed below what data these third-parties do. Feel free to check out their own Privacy Policies to find out more.
Your use of these third-party services is entirely optional. We are not responsible for the privacy policies and/or practices of these third party services, and you are responsible for reading and understanding those third party services’ privacy policies.
We employ and contract with people and other entities that perform certain tasks on our behalf and who are under our control (our “Agents”). We may need to share personal information with our Agents in order to provide products or services to you. Unless we tell you differently, our Agents do not have any right to use Personal Information or other information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us. You hereby consent to our sharing of Personal Information with our Agents.
We may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, user information is typically one of the transferred business assets. Moreover, if we, or substantially all of our assets, were acquired, or if we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of us or our assets may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.
We may share data with third-parties when we have the consent to do so.
The following third-parties solutions (products and / or services) are used in our products and services:
|Service||Company||Information||Policies / Links|
|CDN, DDOS protection, Security||Cloudflare Inc.||Cloudflare helps us to improve our products and services and increase our security against threats like bots and DDOS attack. Additionally we cache data to deliver them faster to you.|
|Payment / Donations||PayPal||We use paypal to handle donations.||https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full|
|Email delivery||SparkPost||With SparkPost we ensure that our emails are delivered reliable to your inbox.|
We also do track statistics like open rates and such.
|Spam Protection||Google reCAPTCHA (Google Inc.)||Google reCAPTCHA is a SPAM protection service provided by Google Inc.|
Personal Data collected: Cookies and Usage Data.
Place of processing: United States
|Google Analytics||Google Inc.|
With Google Analytics we track you on our products and site and analyze how you and others use them. This helps us to improve our products and services.
We send aggregated data and only on your consent.
|Google Tag Manager||Google Inc.|
We use Google TagManager to control all of our sites.
GTM injects the correct Google Analytic code and helps us to do A/B testing.
|Google AdSense||Google Inc.|
With Google AdSense we place ads on our site for guests and users.
Children / Age Limitations
Minors and children should not use our products and services without permission from a legal guardian. By using our products and services, you represent that you or your legal guardian have the legal capacity to enter into a binding agreement.
We take reasonable steps to protect your and our data from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
UGX-Mods is just a tiny team and are therefore limited in action, but we work hard to protect our services and products, including your data against these events.
We cannot guarantee that Information which is transmitted through the internet or stored on our servers will be absolutely secure from any instruction.
In case of a breach into our systems we will transparently inform you by posting an announcement on our products and services or sending you an email.
We constantly improve and extend our knowledge and infrastructure to stay up-2-data against threats and follow best practices.
More information is available here: Security.
Data Protection Officer
UGX-Mods is just a tiny team of individuals and has therefore no official Data Protection Officer (DPO).
Take a look at the Contact page to get in touch with us.
To respect your rights we offer you certain tools and options:
- Export your data. Visit your profile. Under "Profile Info" > "Privacy"
- View your privacy settings under https://beta.ugx-mods.com/forum/privacy - there you can also revoke your consent for cookies & tracking
- You can request account removal (see UGX Help Center) or delete your account in your profile under "Actions" > "Delete this account"
- removal might take several days and we might contact you in case of a fraud likelyhood
If we make major changes in the way we collect or use information, we will notify you by posting an announcement on our products and services or sending you an email.
Should you have any question or concern, please contact us.
Content of this page
- No labels